She tells me everything's fine,
so i go about my day,
but with this burning feeling,
something must be wrong.
I see her again in the hall,
later that day,
and on her beautiful face,
she wears this distressed look.
I can't help but ask again,
and again i get the same answer,
everything is fine,
but she can't convince me with her eyes.
I go home after school,
going about my day normally,
and cooking dinner for my younger brother.
12 am, I am in a dead sleep,
about to be disturbed,
by the over and over again ringing,
feeling like a dream at first.
I answer and hear the words,
and a stab of pain in my stomach,
I want to puke,
as the realization hits,
Everything was wrong...
Who once was lost will never be again...
Samantha Desmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tragic Lies by Samantha Desmond )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
Poem of the Day
- A Fish in a Coloured World, Rohit Sapra
- Nature is a Beautiful Creation, Rohit Sapra
- Survivors, Tamara Mirianashvili
- Salve, Cee Bea
- Quatrain number 5, Leong Ming Loong
- Bachelorette for Life, Donal Mahoney
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra
- I Looked Up At The Sky And Didn't See You, Kyle Schlicher