Mine is a curious heart
And what does it crave?
Tranquility it is yet to find
For how long can it wait?
A day? A year or a decade?
What has become of my soul?
Starved, malnourished or disowned?
So lean, so weak so pale
And what feed does it take?
Why am I so clueless?
Yet I grieve in my silence
Only to learn tranquility rests
In HIS remembrance
The very basis of my existence
'Verily in the remembrance
Of Allah do the hearts find rest'
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tranquil Heart by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar