Transition Announced By a Bird
Saucy blue jay starts the day
Sun just up on this Sunday
Hint of frost to glaze the glass
Leaves most gone and harvest past
Leaves to rake and leaves to pile
Witnessed by a pumpkin's smile
He at curbside - Hallowe'en
Came and went, a ghoulish scene.
Much prefer the things to come
Fireside comfort in the home
Snow's first fall, a magic shift
White in swirl and white in drift
Children romp in muffled gear
Final Act of one more year
Crowned with scenes of Bethlehem
Love has come; to that 'Amen'.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transition Announced By a Bird by Doug Blair )
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello