A lifetime of love
without a selfish thought
every teardropp reads emotions
too moving to explain.
No words bring
close to an understanding
what sets energy in motion
a mature responsible beginning.
Without a thought, to sacrifice
all thoughts of possessiveness
energizing and motivating
to die for her, to be a martyr.
from motherhood’s love
to motherland’s sacrifice.
From son to soldier.
Sandhya Suri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transitions by Sandhya Suri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote