john tiong chunghoo (Jan 21,1960 / NEW YORK)
Travel Haiku - St John, Virgin Islands
St John, Viring Islands
we pray for a place people
wont even see our shadows
Jumbie Beach. 'Creole, '
the girl shakes 'no'
the boy laughs 'Dont worry.
There will only be
two malevolent spirits.'
More than two-thirds of St. John is protected under the Virgin Islands National Park, including the entire north coast where the island's best beaches are located. Most have creamy white sand, crystalline water, and stunning views of nearby islands. A rental car makes beach hopping easy and fun, especially if you're looking for a private hideaway. (Be sure to grab a beach and snorkeling map at the national park service office.) Francis Bay sees relatively little traffic, especially on weekdays, or, if you want a really out-of-the-way spot, check out Jumbie Beach, a beautiful little nook whose name is Creole for malevolent spirit.
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
- 2012 American Presidential Election Hai...
- * Charles Bukowski the Haiku Poet
- * Ezra Pound the Haiku Poet
- * Langston Hughes the Haiku Poet
- * Maya Angelou the Haiku Poet
- * Slyvia Plath the Haiku Poet
- * William Wordsworth the Haiku Poet
- **Haiku Magic **
- *'Alfred Noyes the haiku poet
- *Edgar Allan Poe the Haiku Poet
- *Henry Wadsworth Longfellow the Haiku Po...
- *John Keats the Haiku Poet
- *Pablo Neruda the Haiku Poet
- *Percy Bysshe Shelley the Haiku Poet
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.