Ronald E. Blacklock
I've been around the world in my mind
Seeking treasures I did not find;
Chasing the rainbow on an endless trail
Just like a puppy chasing it's tail.
To the depths of the great blue sea
Seeking that which was hidden from me;
Just what is it I'm looking for?
When I find it, will I still want more?
What will fill my every need,
Turn my mind from ravenous greed;
What will satisfy my hunt for treasure?
What will overflow my life with pleasure?
Time flies by as I grow old
Still looking for that pot of gold,
Never once stopping to realize
It was always there before my eyes
A well marked trail in the form of a cross
Leading to treasures that will never be lost;
No sorrow, no greed, an endless life of pleasure,
The end of the rainbow with heavenly treasure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Treasure Hunt by Ronald E. Blacklock )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak