TROLL NAMED JOHN
There is a Troll that nobody knows
-only the Princess Sarah Star -
who Troll protects so.
The Troll's first name is really John
who fights Razel ice dragons all night long—
Even when he's tired he still sings a funny song.
This funny song makes Razel ice dragons go back to sleep-
Troll has to make sure Princess Sarah Star is safe as sheep.
Protecting the Princess Sarah Star
from Razel ice dragon's ice fire—
Troll has abundant energy he never does tire.
Troll eats a lot of green mystical flowers—
they give him very magical powers.
The funny Troll must toll and fight—
Razel ice dragon can't stand the smell
of Troll's bad breathe late at night.
Troll also makes a funny sound-
that brings Razel ice dragons to the ground.
It's a loud roar that he does from his
gigantic creaky brown bridge door…
The door opens and funny Troll comes out—
he starts to bang around, stamping with a shout.
Princess Sarah Star hears this high up on her balcony—
then a fight that starts near the Ferronian trees.
Luckily funny Troll has power in that domain
he has traps that make Razel ice dragons go insane.
Now Princess Sarah Star can sleep soundly at last—
for funny Troll has made sure Razel ice dragons
are melted without a freezing chance!
Written by Suzae Chevalier on February 21,2012
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TROLL NAMED JOHN by Christina Sunrise )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong