We've always wanted what we couldn't have.
But will happiness be found in these things
That will never be ours?
I find that happiness lyes
Within the hearts of us all.
Not within these things that are not meant to be desired.
You'll find your path when you open your eyes.
True happiness is found within.
Christopher Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Happiness by Christopher Cariad )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage