cheryl davis miller
True Leaders Needed
As a child I heard a great men speak;
of serving others, rather than ourselves.
My young heart was moved with aspirations;
his murder put my dreams upon a shelf.
Another stood tall on the podium,
he taught love and the brotherhood of man.
I longed to go join in the marches, then
they shot the man who wrote from Birmingham.
Another sought to rise up and lead us,
and he shared the ideals of his brother.
From the darkness, a lone sniper shot him.
So most lost hope there would be another.
Look upon the shameless way of many.
Deception seems their only stratagem.
Children seeking leaders, don't find any.
Where are the giants to inspire them?
I weep for the future generations.
Those who search for a reason to believe.
Where's the honored ones to lead this nation?
From this current shameful state bring reprieve.
Listen all who aim to serve in office.
Check hearts as only you and God can do.
America needs those willing to serve her.
The children of the land are watching you.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Leaders Needed by cheryl davis miller )
- A SOULMATE IS A MIRROR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- This life is like a bubble, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A MORNING IN AMERICA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A LESSON LEARNED, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A Lady named Suzae, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A Dog Named Martini, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- 2 Words, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- OPRAH DOES NOT REGECT JESUS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Writing (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)