Eugene W. Miller
TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS
Once again it's Christmas Time,
time for us to be,
Busy wrapping presents
and setting up the tree.
It seems we have so many things,
to think of and to do,
We may forget that Christmas,
has a deeper meaning too.
A meaning that goes far beyond,
the things the eye can see,
Such as Holly wreaths, Mistletoe,
and Gifts beneath the tree.
For these are only Symbols,
of what happened Christmas morn,
When in a little manger,
GOD's only Son was born.
GOD put HIM here upon this Earth,
with one idea in mind.
To put New Hope around the World,
and LOVE in all Mankind.
So even though we're busy,
and have many things to do,
Let's not forget that Christmas,
has a deeper Meaning too.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS by Eugene W. Miller )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)