I traveled far, way beyond my comfort zone
Then i saw you, just sitting on your throne
you look so stiff, as if you're a mighty stone
But unlike me, you don't seem to be alone.
We used to be something like oil and water
Two different people that can't be together
Though we promised to be friends forever,
I wondered, when we can become lovers?
You used to always be there when i needed you most
You showed me the way whenever i'm lost
Sometimes i calculate how much it costs
For me to own you and give time a pause.
Then one day, you told me what i wanted to hear
But it only caused me to shed more tears
yes, you said you love me, but you're no longer here
All i wanted was for you to always be near.
I just don't get it, I don't understand
Where are you now, when will you hold my hand?
This is the start, but feels more like the end
Is it really better to be just your friend?
I know time will eventually pass
And your love i hope will truly last
Patience to this one life I have to live
And to your words, i just have to believe!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trust by nijhako dibo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(14 December 1895 – 18 November 1952)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- No Dime, olaitan mahmud
- KP You Are Divine To Me, Michael P. McParland
- The Uglier Brother, Kim Barney
- KP I Need You, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Day Wish, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Know My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Kira My Best Friend, Michael P. McParland
- Love letter, Birat Anupam
- Kira I Truly Do Love You, Michael P. McParland