I traveled far, way beyond my comfort zone
Then i saw you, just sitting on your throne
you look so stiff, as if you're a mighty stone
But unlike me, you don't seem to be alone.
We used to be something like oil and water
Two different people that can't be together
Though we promised to be friends forever,
I wondered, when we can become lovers?
You used to always be there when i needed you most
You showed me the way whenever i'm lost
Sometimes i calculate how much it costs
For me to own you and give time a pause.
Then one day, you told me what i wanted to hear
But it only caused me to shed more tears
yes, you said you love me, but you're no longer here
All i wanted was for you to always be near.
I just don't get it, I don't understand
Where are you now, when will you hold my hand?
This is the start, but feels more like the end
Is it really better to be just your friend?
I know time will eventually pass
And your love i hope will truly last
Patience to this one life I have to live
And to your words, i just have to believe!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trust by nijhako dibo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The March Of Mortality, Edgar Albert Guest
- At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishing Nooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day Of Days, Edgar Albert Guest
- Manhood's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Few, Edgar Albert Guest
- Improvement, Edgar Albert Guest
- Songs Of Rejoicing, Edgar Albert Guest
- Hollyhocks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ruik de rijkdom, Madrason writer