I traveled far, way beyond my comfort zone
Then i saw you, just sitting on your throne
you look so stiff, as if you're a mighty stone
But unlike me, you don't seem to be alone.
We used to be something like oil and water
Two different people that can't be together
Though we promised to be friends forever,
I wondered, when we can become lovers?
You used to always be there when i needed you most
You showed me the way whenever i'm lost
Sometimes i calculate how much it costs
For me to own you and give time a pause.
Then one day, you told me what i wanted to hear
But it only caused me to shed more tears
yes, you said you love me, but you're no longer here
All i wanted was for you to always be near.
I just don't get it, I don't understand
Where are you now, when will you hold my hand?
This is the start, but feels more like the end
Is it really better to be just your friend?
I know time will eventually pass
And your love i hope will truly last
Patience to this one life I have to live
And to your words, i just have to believe!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trust by nijhako dibo )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...
- Missing, Luo Zhihai
- THE FIRST TIME, Rosie Bourget
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- Beyond Beds Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak