Fabian Gerard Stanley
Sometimes we don't get what we pray for
And at other times we will.
Don't ever think God doesn't love you
Just know He's in charge, be still.
You may not always get what you want,
What you wish, or what you're yearning,
But never leave empty of hand
'Cos there's a lesson for the learning.
What it is we'll never know,
that makes us seek what's best
But in God's big loving hands,
I daily find my rest.
Fabian Gerard Stanley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trust Anyway by Fabian Gerard Stanley )
- The Forest: In between the branches, Jeremy Horsford
- Regretful love, Andrea Lopez
- The stars, her eyes and Love, Ayotunde Bolaji
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)