Trust Is The Core Of Love
Lovers crossing a hanging bridge,
He offered her his hand to grasp;
She preferred his holding her hand.
Do grasping and holding differ?
A firm hand holding a frail one
Is a bond, ensuring safety.
A frail hand grasping a firm one
Is a bind, causing anxiety.
Woman wants to submit herself
To the trust she finds in her man.
Man takes care to sustain the faith
His woman reposes in him.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trust Is The Core Of Love by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 August 1880 – 9 November 1918)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- Vivaciousness, hafiz qasim
- Christmas 2014-1914, Darlene Walsh
- Without You, Gillu Rahul
- Wordly, hafiz qasim
- In Blue December Breaking Off The Icicle.., mary douglas
- December 10-11- season bonus, Mae AC.
- Mountainclimber, hafiz qasim
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker
- A Lesson to Fur and Leather Entertainers, rohan bendre
- Love Is Here To Stay, Dorsey Baker