'Truth...I really want to know the truth of exactly how you feel. I want to know if it's a game or if our love is real. I wish I could tell you that I think our love is right, but I know I can't do that because I feel your with someone else tonight.'
What is TRUTH? ! ...Is it a feeling? , a thought? , a belief? Does the truth really set us free or does it leave us wishing we hadn't found out the TRUTH nor told it in the first place? Would one rather hear the truth than believe a lie or believe a lie and NOT want to hear the truth?
Do we let this 'truth' determine what the next step will be? If we hear the truth about the question we ask or the thought we have or what we feel, do we accept it as the truth or do we keep digging for more because we're not satisfied with the truth that's been given?
Tell me the truth? ...would it really matter in the end? IF it does / should...who would it affect? The person wanting the truth or the person giving the truth? Both?
The truth is...we all have OUR own truths. What someone tells us wouldn't matter because it would all fall on us...whether we want to believe what they tell us to be the truth or not. The truth is there is no real truth but your own. Am I right? ...That's for me to decide...my truth is...
I want so much yet give so little. I fear...I reject...I block people out...but hey...that's me...my truth...
EmilyAnn Blas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Truth by EmilyAnn Blas )
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns