Pretty Brown Eyes
I wish today that I could see you. Hold you once so you can understand.
That maybe we loved each other more than we said.
We could probably try again. We could even forget all the hurt that was done.
And we could fall in love just you and me this time. And it would be alright.
I would kiss you more, tell you I love you when you walked through the door. I would tell you how precious you really are.
I would love you like you wanted to. And you would smile at me like I needed you to. And maybe this time we could truly let ourselves be free.
That would be something. For us to try this love thing again. But this time I'd be right there holding your hand instead of behind you staring at the sky.
And I'd teach you how to stop and enjoy the little things because its you that makes those little things so wonderful.
I think we can make it you and I. We just have to try, and try again. Listen and laugh more with each other instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks.
I know you want to as much as I love. So just try with me and we'll try and try again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Try by Pretty Brown Eyes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma