Pretty Brown Eyes
I wish today that I could see you. Hold you once so you can understand.
That maybe we loved each other more than we said.
We could probably try again. We could even forget all the hurt that was done.
And we could fall in love just you and me this time. And it would be alright.
I would kiss you more, tell you I love you when you walked through the door. I would tell you how precious you really are.
I would love you like you wanted to. And you would smile at me like I needed you to. And maybe this time we could truly let ourselves be free.
That would be something. For us to try this love thing again. But this time I'd be right there holding your hand instead of behind you staring at the sky.
And I'd teach you how to stop and enjoy the little things because its you that makes those little things so wonderful.
I think we can make it you and I. We just have to try, and try again. Listen and laugh more with each other instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks.
I know you want to as much as I love. So just try with me and we'll try and try again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Try by Pretty Brown Eyes )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- The Sentinel, Percy Dovetonsils
- Negative Beings, Tameeka Smith
- Liberty Is, Sandra Feldman
- Forgotten Prayer, Noreen Carden
- *ifrat*, Crystal Heart
- Inside Out, Ronald Chapman
- Hers and mine, Nassy Fesharaki
- Lifetime Memberships, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Hypocrite That Contradicts, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)