Sean Joyce (17 April Everyear / Galway, Ireland)
Turn Around dnuorA nruT
I ran backwards for three weeks
just to see the way you smiled
'climbed the Seven Hills of Rome
to catch the echo of your voice
I passed you by on a cloud so high
and I caught the scent of your hair
'from my aerial view saw a thing
or two, but that’s not here nor there
I swam around the world today
and I watched as you waded in
but the ruthless view did not
show you so I swam away again
Poet Other Poems
- 1 2 3 4 wait a while and I'll write some...
- A Country Road (Everybody has one)
- A New Zealand Beach
- A one sided conversation between friends
- A Painted God (Based on a true story)
- A Pantoum in the New Zealand Bush
- A Poem Knows More Than It Says
- A rainbow morphs to a gothic arch a cert...
- A ring of expletives around my head goin...
- A Ruthless View
- A Smiling Child on a Clattering Tram
- A smiling child on a clattering tram, lo...
- About Hungry Children and Land Mines
- Afterwards, when the spaces were empty t...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afterwards, when the spaces were empty the day grew darker and by Sean Joyce )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley