Mark R. Elias
Twelve Ways of Looking at a Tree
String to the fingering wind.
Stretching to nutrients.
A man and his dog by a fallen tree
Are by a fallen tree.
The bough points to light
Says look at it look at it
And a blossom falls.
Follicle of a living earth.
Pulled, a gifting pang.
Shoulder to the hauling boy.
Unwitting rock of the bar-room elbow.
God- given gallows.
Mark R. Elias's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Twelve Ways of Looking at a Tree by Mark R. Elias )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(31 March 1933 - 13 December 1980)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Beyond Emerald City..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Patience, Michael P. McParland
- Out Of The Dark, Michael P. McParland
- The war inside me, Lubinda Lubinda
- Our Night 2, Michael P. McParland
- Our Night, Michael P. McParland
- OSU Force, Michael P. McParland
- Imagine, The Astronomer
- Only You, Michael P. McParland
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland