Two candles and an old oil lamp
Shed a dim light on the house of blood.
This manufacture folds and entwines
Towards the horizon and seeing is old.
My respiration folds and causes us to halt,
Dismay and connect.
In these days of the dreary life
We observe the station that life
Has to offer,
Internal worries brought a liking.
Often the light is blamed
As it turned tonight.
The real candlewick enlightens us
Returning to the episode of doubt.
My thick days are thinner still,
With ten and elegant ten nights.
The roasting of skin cancels the pleasure
Of a brief winter.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Two Candles by Naveed Akram )
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns