Two In One Word
It is not that I sat and thought,
I never with ideas fought
In my head about this I remember not.
All I know is, it struck like lightinning
Straight and deep into the mind but not sending me spinning.
A knowledge given by a higher power to me
To briefly tell, to share and to set free.
The word of God is two in one
Wisdom of living and life of salvation.
One is a ruler of prosperous life.
The other, a ticket to heaven.
I shake my head, many have discipled the first.
In this time where the economy is a hard nut,
Many have run into the arms of the first.
They have forgotten the second so some dont care,
Whose leg they step, I MUST GET.
In large gatherings, it is preached.
Sand of people fill every hole in space.
They give their whole head to the one infront
And someone cannot afford to even blink.
Dont be like them.
Blend the two
In your blender which is your life.
Kelvin TakyiBobi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Two In One Word by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)