A daily routine in my life
That always got me occupied.
The light that meddles in my sleep
Had decided to intervene.
Lifeless eyes that took in the sights;
Vision's blurred, confused by the light.
Fully aware of one's presence,
Still sullen in one's existence.
An image pierced right through my mind,
Memories I can't leave behind.
The shifting air enervates me,
like swimming in an open sea.
I suddenly pictured her,
A moment that I can't defer.
I yearn to see her unlined face,
A chance that I don't want to waste.
Searching for that star in the night;
Hoping it would turn out alright,
But instead it corrodes the scene
With burning desire to scream.
I lay down in bed just to say,
'It's just an ordinary day'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ughh by Erys Franz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- He is a Soldier, yashassvi periwal
- Our Awesome God, Dr John Celes
- Sonnet: Trust in God, Dr John Celes
- Cabaret Dancer, Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Made That Child, Ronell Warren Alman
- I'd rather be, Monica Lanier
- An Art By Heart, Rasel Khan
- Fighting on..., David Lessard
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier