A daily routine in my life
That always got me occupied.
The light that meddles in my sleep
Had decided to intervene.
Lifeless eyes that took in the sights;
Vision's blurred, confused by the light.
Fully aware of one's presence,
Still sullen in one's existence.
An image pierced right through my mind,
Memories I can't leave behind.
The shifting air enervates me,
like swimming in an open sea.
I suddenly pictured her,
A moment that I can't defer.
I yearn to see her unlined face,
A chance that I don't want to waste.
Searching for that star in the night;
Hoping it would turn out alright,
But instead it corrodes the scene
With burning desire to scream.
I lay down in bed just to say,
'It's just an ordinary day'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ughh by Erys Franz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Indescribable, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- We CAN, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Tortuous Furrow, kassem oude
- Haunted Me, Her Shadow, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Diminishing Foresight, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Happy Birthday Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- A defining moment in history, Royston Allen
- Happy Birthday Dear Love, Michael P. McParland
- December, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- An Ailing Friendship, Mutasem I. Amayreh