RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Silent undertakings rising like tidal waves, crashing over,
hurtling the essence of me into cavernous holes, deploying
this aging mind.
Quiet renderings hopelessly lapping upon the sands of an
inner sacred shore.
A beach of uncombed sanctity never touched by anyone except
Whitened sands, blue roses, heavenly peace and serenity,
placed within my reach.
No footprints chittering space, shells beautifully strewn
about, being allowed to display their purposes without
Dancing through the waves, fishes of my thoughts play
happily, no cares of another destroying their environment.
Pollution never touches the inner or outer edges of this
secret inner sanctuary.
Allowing self to be real within this sphere of timelessness,
tracing who I am in images of sand.
Waves splashing them away, so I may start over and over
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uncombed Sanctity by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi