RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Silent undertakings rising like tidal waves, crashing over,
hurtling the essence of me into cavernous holes, deploying
this aging mind.
Quiet renderings hopelessly lapping upon the sands of an
inner sacred shore.
A beach of uncombed sanctity never touched by anyone except
Whitened sands, blue roses, heavenly peace and serenity,
placed within my reach.
No footprints chittering space, shells beautifully strewn
about, being allowed to display their purposes without
Dancing through the waves, fishes of my thoughts play
happily, no cares of another destroying their environment.
Pollution never touches the inner or outer edges of this
secret inner sanctuary.
Allowing self to be real within this sphere of timelessness,
tracing who I am in images of sand.
Waves splashing them away, so I may start over and over
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uncombed Sanctity by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Disappearing Trauma, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Without Arms, M.J. Lemon
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson