Lawrence S. Pertillar
I have been single and cautiously looking,
For someone like you to pursue...
With a love for me that is recognized,
No matter What it is I do.
And I know from the start,
That will take someone,
With a strong and dynamic heart.
Since I am not one,
Who is seeking to be beaten...
By unconscious competition.
That in my life,
Has already been done.
This will be uncovered immediately,
To be quickly dismissed.
With an elimination without explanation,
As to why I have chosen to split and exit.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unconscious Competition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Hogmanay Hangover, Barry Weedon
- Poet's Corner, Naveed Khalid
- Error, Neela Nath
- SLOW DOWN CHARLIE BROWN, shannon strauss
- Fair And Equal World, Asghar Nazeer
- Really, it was, gajanan mishra
- Paradox, Paula Glynn
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson