Lawrence S. Pertillar
I have been single and cautiously looking,
For someone like you to pursue...
With a love for me that is recognized,
No matter What it is I do.
And I know from the start,
That will take someone,
With a strong and dynamic heart.
Since I am not one,
Who is seeking to be beaten...
By unconscious competition.
That in my life,
Has already been done.
This will be uncovered immediately,
To be quickly dismissed.
With an elimination without explanation,
As to why I have chosen to split and exit.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unconscious Competition by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sitting On A Scarlet, Edward Kofi Louis
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sad, wayne kers
- The Last Bell, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow