I long to meet
Someone who needs my love and closeness.
I have a lot.
I want to share.
But everyone has a string attached:
I have nothing.
Only my love.
That much, I can give.
It's not made of wood
Nor of dusts or stones.
Pure gold lying unwanted
At the bottom of my heart
Like gems on the bed of a clear stream,
These I will pick myself
For her who comes.
A dream they say.
But I am not afraid.
Love has stood the hacking of more inclement weather before.
I am like the flower.
It bears no grudge.
It is open
For whoever cares to admire it.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Undemanding Love by Mohabeer Beeharry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam