I long to meet
Someone who needs my love and closeness.
I have a lot.
I want to share.
But everyone has a string attached:
I have nothing.
Only my love.
That much, I can give.
It's not made of wood
Nor of dusts or stones.
Pure gold lying unwanted
At the bottom of my heart
Like gems on the bed of a clear stream,
These I will pick myself
For her who comes.
A dream they say.
But I am not afraid.
Love has stood the hacking of more inclement weather before.
I am like the flower.
It bears no grudge.
It is open
For whoever cares to admire it.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Undemanding Love by Mohabeer Beeharry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enchanted Moon, Regina Riddle
- Rain, Regina Riddle
- Life shall not, hasmukh amathalal
- Bereft, Natalie Evans
- O You And Go Seeing The Face, The Face D.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- One and the only one, Aftab Alam
- Mera yakin ye kehta hai, Aftab Alam
- Progress? Who Needs It?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock Legged Heathen, Ursula Livingston
- Bad neighbors, hasmukh amathalal