the permanence of my childhood glance
slides through my aging fingertips,
sentimental forms and shapes
take home within its twisted place.
back broken by advancing years:
what is one mans yearning for the past
or the present to remain,
against the force,
the stars themselves
are powerless to evade?
the great consumer - darkest night,
cares nothing for our fear, our fright,
and all the dreams we once held close,
fall away like sun drenched snow.
sun rise, sun set,
suns end in embers met:
as great as humankind become
our fate is sealed:
to be undone.
Christopher Withers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (undone by Christopher Withers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- picture, laxami Cards
- Nightingale, Naveed Khalid
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka
- Mangesi tolerance, skender iljaz braka
- Ne ditet me te erreta te jetes sime, skender iljaz braka
- Nxitoni o ju hapa te penguara, skender iljaz braka