Away from you, my passion seemed perished;
I decided with my heart that blind devotion to sever.
I held a grudge against it when I determined to quit
And vowed not to return for ever and ever!
In the vast space, the free bird raptly spread wings;
But long distances finally wearied the eagle above.
Then, by chance, today I met again my old darling,
How I felt suddenly relive our past autumn’s love.
Is it repercussion of the past or lure of the time?
The yellow-turned leaves are on the tree to dote.
Has this soul still been affected by the old fall
When I saw your hand picking up my overcoat?
“Put it on lest you might catch a cold out there! ”
Your tender words evoked so lovable your style.
I silently scanned you, although in a short instant,
With that affectionate look and that sweet smile.
I felt kind of fragile crystal in the atmosphere,
Hesitant to receive it, fearing waking up to the true.
I had sat admiring you through the whole afternoon
To get deeply entangled in my desire for you.
At this moment, however, watching you see me off,
I have to leave you in the cold winter wind rife.
Hanging my head, I desperateley count the steps:
Shall I be thus a solitary traveller for all my life?
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unfinished Symphony by Nhuan LeXuan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man