Muon neutrinos time of flight, (Einsteinian anomaly) ...
Particles that outpace light, upending relativity, (ahem) ...
Not so fast— lest we should be overawed,
Humans are human… some data are flawed.
Facts can turn fictional, rendered unsound.
Researchers research for findings unfound…
We dance our physics dance and ponder—
On and on presumptions wander—
As we wonder here and yonder...
Might we travel time's trapeze,
Sail dimensions like a breeze,
Go before we came with ease?
Yet though unfathomed wisdom's sought,
How can we know beyond our thought?
Infinity eludes us— still,
Finiteness is a bitter pill.
We theorize to the skies,
Plumb the depths where insight lies—
But we see with earthly eyes,
And this cuts us down to size.
So we take our measurements
And scan the score.
Then what's proven true is true...
Unless there's more...
(September 2011; revised March,2012 - Granada, Spain)
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unless by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The Read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher