Our so-called friends are bombing and maiming.
Our so-called enemies are reacting and killing.
When will these massacres end?
When will we stop fighting for a piece of land?
In this carnage, is there a thoughtful difference
Between our friends and our enemies? Hence,
Our conscience is buried in our false pride.
Our children are dying. Countless women died
Fleeing the bombardments. Young men are slaughtered
In broad daylight. Myriads of innocents are murdered
By our cowardly acts. Hell landed on earth.
Where are the Superpowers? We are out of breath.
Surrounded by deadly clouds, the air smells death.
The angels are weeping. What the hell is going on Earth?
The dead bodies are everywhere. The mute, the deaf,
And the handicapped are not exempt, they are dying
Indiscriminately, like the motherless babies.
Life on earth is sad; there are too many morbid crises.
As customary, the politicians are mumbling. They are afraid
To tell the truth. They are faking it. They were not elected
To lead, but exist to paint and to embroider the lies of the allies.
This is shameful. This is crazy. When will the sufferings and the cries
Stop? When will the blood spills end?
When will we stop dying for the bloody land?
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unnecessary Massacres by Hebert Logerie )
- Not good, gajanan mishra
- Trials And Tribulations, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Friends, you are here, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Unknowing Ness (Complex Poet.., Marieta Maglas
- A Carpet On The Ground, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Regrets, hannah wilbert
- Zones Of Pleasure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Real friend, gajanan mishra
- Looking out his window, hannah wilbert
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)