Our so-called friends are bombing and maiming.
Our so-called enemies are reacting and killing.
When will these massacres end?
When will we stop fighting for a piece of land?
In this carnage, is there a thoughtful difference
Between our friends and our enemies? Hence,
Our conscience is buried in our false pride.
Our children are dying. Countless women died
Fleeing the bombardments. Young men are slaughtered
In broad daylight. Myriads of innocents are murdered
By our cowardly acts. Hell landed on earth.
Where are the Superpowers? We are out of breath.
Surrounded by deadly clouds, the air smells death.
The angels are weeping. What the hell is going on Earth?
The dead bodies are everywhere. The mute, the deaf,
And the handicapped are not exempt, they are dying
Indiscriminately, like the motherless babies.
Life on earth is sad; there are too many morbid crises.
As customary, the politicians are mumbling. They are afraid
To tell the truth. They are faking it. They were not elected
To lead, but exist to paint and to embroider the lies of the allies.
This is shameful. This is crazy. When will the sufferings and the cries
Stop? When will the blood spills end?
When will we stop dying for the bloody land?
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unnecessary Massacres by Hebert Logerie )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Prayer For My Daughter, William Butler Yeats
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- Affection for, hasmukh amathalal
- Not a jungle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry