Encyclopedias, Greek and Latin,
a Baedeker that guides,
impose on vision their own pattern
in which true beauty hides.
You ought to walk in forests, see
the flowers, birds and trees,
the life beneath the canopy,
and open fields and seas.
Survey your own back garden where,
observing change of season,
you taste the freshness of the air
with eyes and not with reason,
for in a folio’s frigid fustian
spontaneously, without combustion,
extinguishing the live
grandiloquence of grass that grows
and song heard in the skies.
Without the outdoor eye and nose
it’s folly to be wise.
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unpatterned Vision by gershon hepner )
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate