Until I Saw You
What is that change in me today?
what did that cool breeze whisper
in my ear?
I said that there was no god,
until i saw him in my mother.
I said there is no such thing called
dream until i experienced one.
I said love is not true
until i saw you.
I have seen beautiful flower bloom
without great fragrance.
I know languages without words,
But i cannot see my life
without you as my love in it.
The sweetness of a poem can be felt
only when you understand it.
The sweetness of Ganges is
only till it reaches the sea.
But the sweetness of your love
is something that can be felt
Like the dew drops love the flowers,
like stars love the sky.
I love you till my last breath and
even after that.
Maybe the cool breeze tried
to tell me that i am incomplete without
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Until I Saw You by Rashmi Ravishankar )
- Devil's End, Kevin Patrick
- DR.JOSE RIZAL the Hero and the great Mal.., Antonio Liao
- ಧೂಮ್ರಪಾನ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Five Senses, Judith Wright
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1915 - 2000)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)