Lawrence S. Pertillar
Until 'You' Are The One Convinced
Rummaging through rumors,
You might pick worthy to gossip...
By those who have dropped them,
And you find yourself out of contol...
Without stopping them to be told.
May have just come from the ones,
Who have been used to keep detoured...
By those who have sold them and already know,
You and others sharing them to expose...
Can not be trusted.
Or considered to keep confidential,
To leave rumored gossip left where heard.
I have long acknowledged,
As one I would never tell anything personal.
Since you are quick to flap your lips,
With a giving of your opinion...
That is none of your business.
'Your comments to me I find offensive.
We've been friends for years and you know this.'
Say that again.
'You and I have been friends for many years.'
Say that until 'you' are the one convinced,
As to what friendship means to you...
And who else you whisper this nonsense.
You are right.
I have known you for years.
I've also known what I do to keep from your ears.
What do you take me for?
A parrot? '
Not at all.
I think of you more as a mockingbird.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Until 'You' Are The One Convinced by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #3, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)