Up From The Ashes
I stand in the ashes that once were my world
My heart on the ground and my flag still all furled
This is ground zero, it's as low as I've been
But up from the ashes I will rise again.
Battered, this wasteland that once was my life
Ripped all to shreds by a windstorm of strife
I stand in the ashes, awaiting a friend
But up from these ashes I will rise again.
I'll make it; I know this, for God is my Lord
And He has a purpose for all that I've borne
I stand in the ashes, awaiting the end
But up from my ashes I will rise again.
These ashes are nothing, just memories of
People that left me when push came to shove
They burned to the ground and now I don't need them
But I've been here before, and I will rise again.
I've unfurled my flag - are you ready for this?
Those that have hurt me are soon going to miss
The way that I loved them, but this is the end
Up from the ashes I will rise again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Please rate and comment! :)
Also visit my Facebook page at: https: //www.facebook.com/poetkatelintaylor? ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark
Comments about this poem (Up From The Ashes by Katelin Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan