Days begin with praying hands
in holy waters to the deity
days forbidden in thy waters
unburnt bodies of dead;
To kill a worm on plants,
we spread poison in soils and waters
wiping out a village from our map
where the mother's milk is of pesticides;
know it as a political hand!
power cut ends up farmer's life
leaving villages to city life
living across factories disposal,
livelihood on lies, food from thy waters
healthcheckup in government hospitals
thy sophisticated doctors knew treating dead bodies
know it as a careless hand!
History only knew we taught peace to 'tis world
my kids only knew to make a game out of skeleton
my women only knew what dowry system has to do
we present domestic violence on them
she carries a womb, for its a daughter, we deny
waiting for a son!
Raise killing his dreams, having no penny
learn his suicide reading his letter,
he died of no love to his life!
know it as a corruption hand thy killed his dreams! !
My solidiers spirits only knew thy enemy,
thy family only knew what thy lost along with them;
not accidents that always we hear
its incidents we never dare again to hear
attacking with acids, burning alive
children born without organs,
stolen body organs.......
know it as a lustful hand cursing! !
ask me what right
have I to write....
for a reason I started writing
you might know
not knowing a way to run away
from thy hands, awaiting a helping hand...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (uR iNDiAN by swetha vvr )
- The Bridge From The Other Side, Is It Poetry
- Car Wars, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rumor has it., Harold R Hunt Sr
- When the angels come, Harold R Hunt Sr
- No more bullets, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Memories, Yovanni Emmanuel
- When the Dawn Comes, Fatima Nusairat
- The Cat Lady, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Night Owl, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Loving you, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)