Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
USA's Victory Dance
Ring the bells!
Play the drums!
Turn on all the lights!
And let the music sound!
Let all tears and laughter
blend as sweet honey
to taste and drink!
Dance around the fire,
the fire of freedom
the fire of hope
the fire of dreams
as one nation
in our one world!
Let this fire of joy
brighten the way
to the future!
Congratulations Obama! Congratulations USA! November 7,2012
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (USA's Victory Dance by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns