Using Big Words
Using big words is fun,
If you know what the hell, you are talking about.
I see a lot of poets, on this site,
Insert fifty cent words into their poems.
Just who the hell are you trying to impress?
Get yourself a dictionary,
And you will see,
That your words just don't belong.
The sentence structure is all wrong,
And it's because of your fifty cent word.
I am talking of poets who speak and write,
Not somebody from India, or the middle east,
Who doesn't speak English as a first language,
And they still make an effort to write correctly.
Do you think we are all mindless?
Do you think that big words will impress,
The minions on poemhunter?
Well, I guess you are right.
Big words, even used incorrectly,
And out of context will impress a lot of people.
Even when the author obviously,
Does not know what he is writing.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Using Big Words by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah