Valley of Shadows
As I walk through the valley of the shadows of death. I hear my heart beat fast. For once upon a time ago these deaths were full of life. I'm looking for the lost love of mine, It died binded to time. I walk and walk but still no luck, does everything turn to dust? This valley is dark with the shadows even darker and finally I find the one. This lost love of mine is twisted and mangled, it's seen so much, I look deep into this mess of a shadow and see and hear and feel. So much it has been through. Nightmares and lies and all the bad things. This valley is dark and the shadows are darker. But the darkest thing is the thing I see in this lost love of mine. And that darkest thing is nothing.
Jessica Lyle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valley of Shadows by Jessica Lyle )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma