Dr John Celes
VANAMIKA – ‘the lily of the forest’
A pregnant Christian mother
Ran for the forest’s shelter
To save two lives!
And in the forest’s coolness
And in the light with darkness
Was born her child!
She named her ‘Vanamika’
(‘The lily of the forest’)
– A mother’s joy!
This happened in Orissa
Where Christians were driven out
To the forest!
Churches have been vandalized;
Most Christian homes have been burned;
Some burnt alive!
Work of Hindu fanatics
Who loot and burn and destroy
All things, Christian!
‘You can change a person’s mind;
You can kill the body too,
But you can’t touch the soul! ’
Christians are followers of Christ;
Soldiers of Christ Jesus;
Children of God.
The Holy Spirit within
Keeps Christians from every sin;
They always win!
O God of Heaven, save us,
From orgies of hell on earth,
Unleashed by men!
Bring back peace to Orissa;
Rebuild churches, homes destroyed;
Spread the Love of Christ!
Send an angel, God, we ask,
For the miraculous task;
All evil-doers unmask!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 10-01-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (VANAMIKA – ‘the lily of the forest’ by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak