Jason J. Yu
Sometimes the agony,
of being lost in an unfamiliar place,
takes the S off my chest,
and brings forth my kryptonite,
as I walk the city streets in somber.
Contemplating all the shadows lurking,
ready to devour me with one false move,
I look up to see a single star,
moving across the sky,
and slowly tears begin to fall.
Cause beneath the darkness of the night,
lit only by the sign of a liquor mart.
I see nothing.
I feel nothing.
Except the ever approaching fear,
that I would never know anything else,
other than the abandon I feel,
walking these streets at night,
where the only shimmer of my existence,
comes from a single star,
running away from my lonely footsteps as I disappear.
Into the shadows which signify my life in general.
An illusion to the world around me.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vanish by Jason J. Yu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak