Jason J. Yu
Sometimes the agony,
of being lost in an unfamiliar place,
takes the S off my chest,
and brings forth my kryptonite,
as I walk the city streets in somber.
Contemplating all the shadows lurking,
ready to devour me with one false move,
I look up to see a single star,
moving across the sky,
and slowly tears begin to fall.
Cause beneath the darkness of the night,
lit only by the sign of a liquor mart.
I see nothing.
I feel nothing.
Except the ever approaching fear,
that I would never know anything else,
other than the abandon I feel,
walking these streets at night,
where the only shimmer of my existence,
comes from a single star,
running away from my lonely footsteps as I disappear.
Into the shadows which signify my life in general.
An illusion to the world around me.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vanish by Jason J. Yu )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan