Vessels of God
I simply choose to understand, I am just a vessel in God’s Hand,
An empty vessel that He uses, as He desires, where He chooses,
Led by God’s Holy Spirit within, this, as all the glory goes to Him,
While The Lord above uses my life, as a witness for Jesus Christ.
I’m a vessel which God fills, for God’s purpose and as God wills;
But first I was cleansed by Christ, to be used for God, in this life,
Cleansed, by The Word within, through His Spirit, from all my sin,
His fit vessel that will be poured, all for His purpose, by my Lord.
Filled with the Truth of His Word, used by Him until all have heard,
In God’s time and by His choice, to be for Christ, one small voice,
Now given that voice to proclaim, God’s Salvation and The Name,
Of God’s Only Son, Jesus Christ, so others can have Eternal Life.
Friend it’s not me, but God’s Hand, that helps men to understand,
The Eternal Truths of His Word, as the hearts of others are stirred,
By God’s Holy Spirit my friend, as The Spirit works for God’s end,
Bringing men to God’s salvation, through God’s written Revelation.
It’s The Lord God above who fills, while drawing others as He wills,
Changing the very hearts of men, in order that they be Born Again;
This as His Spirit prepares a heart, for His Truths, which we impart,
While God uses vessels like us, the Ambassadors of Christ Jesus.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vessels of God by Bob Gotti )
- Is it absurd to fall too deep?, Mark Heathcote
- Kindness Begets Kindness, Tony Adah
- कलेजनि अनजालिनिसिम: दोँसे खन्थाय, Bahadur Basumatary
- Deep Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns