Vessels of God
I simply choose to understand, I am just a vessel in God’s Hand,
An empty vessel that He uses, as He desires, where He chooses,
Led by God’s Holy Spirit within, this, as all the glory goes to Him,
While The Lord above uses my life, as a witness for Jesus Christ.
I’m a vessel which God fills, for God’s purpose and as God wills;
But first I was cleansed by Christ, to be used for God, in this life,
Cleansed, by The Word within, through His Spirit, from all my sin,
His fit vessel that will be poured, all for His purpose, by my Lord.
Filled with the Truth of His Word, used by Him until all have heard,
In God’s time and by His choice, to be for Christ, one small voice,
Now given that voice to proclaim, God’s Salvation and The Name,
Of God’s Only Son, Jesus Christ, so others can have Eternal Life.
Friend it’s not me, but God’s Hand, that helps men to understand,
The Eternal Truths of His Word, as the hearts of others are stirred,
By God’s Holy Spirit my friend, as The Spirit works for God’s end,
Bringing men to God’s salvation, through God’s written Revelation.
It’s The Lord God above who fills, while drawing others as He wills,
Changing the very hearts of men, in order that they be Born Again;
This as His Spirit prepares a heart, for His Truths, which we impart,
While God uses vessels like us, the Ambassadors of Christ Jesus.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vessels of God by Bob Gotti )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo
- Behold, O God!, William Browne
- Breakfast, Near A Window, Susan Lacovara
- The Shed, Susan Lacovara