Victory in the valley
Who needs a candle
When the sun rises in my heart?
For the light of Christ consumes all else
And it quenches every fiery dart
The Lord is a sun and a shield to me
He is the sun and the moon and the stars
All darkness flees before my precious Lord
For He has broken all the iron bars
Gates of bronze, chains and fetters
Opened and broken and swept away
As He hung on the cross and said ' it is finished, '
As He hung on the cross and showed us the way
He arose, He arose He arose triumphant
He calls to His children ' arise with me, '
Come and walk, come and walk in the light of my presence
Come and walk in the light of my victory
I am the Way and the Truth and your Life
No one comes to the Father but by me
Will you come and die and rise again
Will you follow the path to Calvary?
Will you take up your cross and follow your King
Through the fires of hell if you must?
Will the world see in you, something of Him?
Will the world see a child-like trust?
Yeah though you walk through the valley of death
And there is darkness all around
Be of good cheer for your Lord is near
And there is mercy at the throne to be found
Even this darkness is light to Him
And the desert becomes like a river
Your valley of tears will become a door of hope
And you will dwell in His arms forever!
Frank McEleny's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Victory in the valley by Frank McEleny )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey