To pluck more men from the fire, on this day, is my heart’s desire,
To lead men to the light of Truth, so they won’t see God’s reproof,
Not a small rebuke my friend, as eternal darkness will be their end,
In those eternal flames of wrath, should they stay the present path.
I know this day my Redeemer lives, while new life to men He gives,
To all who call on Jesus Christ, God shall give to them Eternal Life.
All who’ve been deceived by men, who by God, stand condemned,
Must be reached with salvation, that comes from God’s Revelation.
Holding forth the Word of God, to spare men from God’s iron Rod,
The judging rod of God’s own Son, to judge the heart of everyone,
According to His Word we herald, not to some, but to all the world,
For when Christ returns again, His Judgment shall fall upon all men.
We need to reach men’s hearts, before the soul from earth departs,
Reach all men for Christ our Lord, helping the stray, to be restored,
Back, to The Rock of all Ages, through the Holy Scripture’s pages,
Where we find the only True Light, to lead lost souls from the night.
By The Savior I have been sent, with the Gospel, and to be vigilant,
To reach souls, as time is short, and soon all souls, Christ will sort,
And all men in the Book of Life, will enter eternity with Jesus Christ,
But, souls of those missing names, will be cast into eternal flames.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vigilant by Bob Gotti )
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)