The time is now to shed the time shared by another. The walk was good, just need time to clear my mind.
I asked, I talked, I explained, and yet my trust was violated. To hide things, and to leave one behind is a violation in the worst way.
To know the dishonor you have brought, and to stand there and try to look me in the eye. You don't deserve the right to see me nor hold me.
Where I lay will always be warm. The place you lay will no longer feel the warmth I once had there. Now is the time the cold will be where I once was.
My old self has been resurrected. I tried so long ago to bury it. Now you have unleashed the one thing I have come to realize I love and hated at the same time.
My path has a new direction.....
Violated no more...
Nathan Charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Violated by Nathan Charles )
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
- >>Bad Fruits, Abdul Wahab
- When You Need To Begin Again, Shalom Freedman
- >>Lips, Abdul Wahab
- Acknowledged Love, Sierra Staten
- >>Due, Abdul Wahab
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)