The time is now to shed the time shared by another. The walk was good, just need time to clear my mind.
I asked, I talked, I explained, and yet my trust was violated. To hide things, and to leave one behind is a violation in the worst way.
To know the dishonor you have brought, and to stand there and try to look me in the eye. You don't deserve the right to see me nor hold me.
Where I lay will always be warm. The place you lay will no longer feel the warmth I once had there. Now is the time the cold will be where I once was.
My old self has been resurrected. I tried so long ago to bury it. Now you have unleashed the one thing I have come to realize I love and hated at the same time.
My path has a new direction.....
Violated no more...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Violated by Nathan Charles )
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
- The Gardener wi' his Paidle, Robert Burns
- Sonnet: Philarete, George Wither
- For Seasonable Weather, George Wither
- The Prayer Of Habakuk, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)