the lord of La Mancha
an aged intelligent man
with virtually no sleep
too much reading dried out his brain....
he decided to be a knight
who travels everywhere
performing good deeds
in quest of adventures around the world....
as he realized
that everything will be gone
except the woman he loved
as he closed his eyes to the world of fame..
as it is stated in the last stanza
the last phrase of Don Quixote,
“I pray that my repentance and my honesty, may return me to the good opinion your grace once held of me”….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Virtue by lady grace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra