the lord of La Mancha
an aged intelligent man
with virtually no sleep
too much reading dried out his brain....
he decided to be a knight
who travels everywhere
performing good deeds
in quest of adventures around the world....
as he realized
that everything will be gone
except the woman he loved
as he closed his eyes to the world of fame..
as it is stated in the last stanza
the last phrase of Don Quixote,
“I pray that my repentance and my honesty, may return me to the good opinion your grace once held of me”….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Virtue by lady grace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A True Hosanna - After Reading A Poem by.., Warren Falcon
- Fight and War for Why?, Pintu Mahakul
- Life, Richard Lam
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier