suspended by two realities:
tell us stories
Isaac and Jacob.
Tell us how
the news to Joseph.
Tell us how they mocked
your immaculate conception.
Tell us of Jesus'
human and divine,
Mother of disciples,
teach us how to pray,
how to nurture God,
how to live the Christian life,
even when we are torn
How to love,
even when we are hated
robed in righteousness,
mourn with us.
Mother of kings,
Matriarch of heaven,
intercede for us.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Virtuous Queen by Buxton Shippy )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)