Her husband is dead.
Tragic or pleasing news!
That too in a car accident.
She was my love five decades back.
Our sojourn was a month
In her village where I chanced to stay.
Loveliness and gracefulness
Combined, she was a lotus.
No wonder, I loved her.
It is wonder, she loved me.
She loved me more
Than I loved her, the poor.
Her love was pure and genuine.
My love was daring and fast.
Our eyes crossed and then talked.
Our lips talked and then touched.
It is the virgin love for the both.
She sanctioned my visit once
To her house and to the room
Where we were closeted.
She believed me to such extent
That she conceded to be undraped
And surrendered to my trust.
Too tender in age, I deserted her.
It took three decade for me
To trace her and meet her.
Then she was not a lotus
But reminded me of a cactus,
Aging being prominent.
Now she is a widow.
I am not a widower.
Otherwise, I would have wiped
The sin I committed to her.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Visalakshi by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Did you read them?
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
- Musty Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Word Fright, michael walkerjohn
- Another Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Bullying, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns