For love I look
Unto the ink-blue night sky
Adorned with a crescent moon.
His sublime rays penetrate
The virgin night, awakens her.
The night comes to life.
I watch this union
Of light and the dark
The eternal togetherness
In eternal inconstancy.
And I think of you.
And thus inspired, I invoke
The tellers of love stories,
The legends who attempted to word
The Supreme power, the universal pulse
The cord that connects
The light to the dark; you to me.
And I seek in them, words,
Expressions; to narrate
Tales of my love for you
To versify that
Which is intense prose.
As I turn each page, each poem
Brings me closer to you
I hold on to every phrase
Like my heart’s utterances to yours.
Engulfed thus in tender moonlight
And divine literature.
Time and space a forgotten reality.
A vision dawns upon me
Of you and me, together in silence.
Words shed their purpose, turn needless
As you and I gaze at each other
From across a crowded room.
Our eyes meet
And our souls are together.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vision by Rakhi Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola
- The Storyteller, David Lewis Paget
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Stasying the Course, John F. McCullagh
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders