VISIONS of FUTURE GLORY
Friends, lend me your ears,
These words from God i want to share
To ease pain and doubt in our hearts
Feeling this world seems to torn apart:
Shall be no more be heard in thy land
Wasting nor destruction within my borders
But thou shall call thy walls Salvation,
And thy gates PRAISE.
The sun shall be no more thy light by day:
Neither for brightness
Shall the moon give light unto you:
But the Lord shall be unto you and everlasting light
And thy God thy glory.
Thy sun shall no more go down;
Neither shall the moon withdraw itself:
For the Lord shall be thine everlasting light,
And the days of the mourning shall be ended.
My people also shall be all righteous:
They shall inherit the land forever,
The branch of My planting,
The works of My hands,
That i may be glorified.'
These words, the promises of God
We just have to believe
That He will come against all odds
Peace and unity, someday we will achieve.
< br>*Inspired from the Book of Prophet Isaiah.....
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (VISIONS of FUTURE GLORY by Maia Padua )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar