VISIONS OF LIFE & LOVE
Visions of life without love is eternal despair
Overrun by fear, hate, disgrace and evil deed.
No one to love us and yearn for our touch
Just wickedness broadcasting its falsehoods and seed.
Love teaches us to live for the betterment of others
Not just to satisfy our own selfish, greed and desire.
Love always rewards those who truly feel it within
Enforcing and nourishing its eternal passion and fire.
Life without love is but hell upon Earth itself
With no reason to sing, laugh, cry or rejoice.
Life with love is Heaven's glorious joy and reward
For hearts which comply with God's will by choice.
What would life be without our need for love
Not something I wish to vision or be a part of.
Love makes us better as a mortal human being
And more likely to delight are Father Above.
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom's 761 Poems Are Free To Share!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (VISIONS OF LIFE & LOVE by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou