Happiness I've waited.
And Happiness I've tried.
And if you never come
Who can count all the tears I've cried?
Lonliness you've huanted
And Lonliness you lurk
And if you stay much longer
Then how will my heart work?
I'm always waiting
I'm always wanting
Nothing ever happens
And nothing ever comes
The Lonliness stays
And I tend to come undone
Will I always be waiting
For the nothing I know of?
For the some big something
Of which I know nothing of.
Happiness you come
But Happiness you leave
Sometimes I think I've found you
Just to be wrong again
Lonliness you fade
But Lonliness you shine
Sometimes people come close
just to draw back from me and hide
Kate Kate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting by Kate Kate )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath