Isn't it what we are born for?
For something or somewhere!
From cradle to grave
And seemingly finding
Finding only to lose again!
Squeezing life out from!
Seconds pass into eternity
Memories evaporate like mist
The heart of time stops throbbing
Life pulsates at its lowest ebb
Lethargy waits at the door of death
The pale sun dies behind the crimson skies
The pain at the core of pleasure awakens
Spreads out her heavy wings of horror
The primordial loneliness
Yells for companionship
Emotions acquire poetic intensity
The ancient most mountains,
The forest, the cloud, and the seas
Remind our elemental union
They laugh asking for my companion
Then, shouts for you my bleeding heart
My sinking soul, my declining day
Where flickers my missing fragment?
My lamp of life
How many spheres apart?
Behinds the bars of earthly bonds
A Pale, voiceless, half dead,
The fading face of life
Somewhere in this universe
Joins me, as sure as love
If not as certainly as death!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting! by sree Jothi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A piece of my ground, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady