M.D Dinesh Nair
Waiting For A Sail...
At times we are alone and alone,
In this tent of army of pathos and woes
And we are in a cruel world of all seasons
That cannot protect us even for a minute
From the hard times of our belligerents
Growing stronger than ever before.
Suffering from all kinds of pains we slouch
And what shall we do as the world remains silent?
We are often in a jungle rather than
Being in a pretty world we would like to have.
The ferocious beasts are around us.
The politicians and the celebrities are here
The tradesmen and the perpetrators of all kinds are here
And the kin and the kith of a thousand masked faces
All redefining our lives though we have not asked for!
They are all around us with their burning eyes fixed on us.
We often cry a million tears every day.
As we are alive and not dead.
Our hearts are going to stop perhaps and
All our five pretty senses too may stop working.
Where is the pretty world?
Some of you have spoken of it time and again
But we should not ask so ever as those were your illusions
Nor ought we to feel for anyone except ourselves
And the signs are clearer than before.
So we might quit our lives any time,
Our nights and days are soon to be almost over
And we are all going to enter into a deep slumber
Wherein even the nightmares will not haunt not.
Thud.. thud.. thud..
We hear and it is raining outside our tent.
Let it rain for a whole night then,
We will tomorrow have a flowing river for our sail towards
The turbulent seas of certain depths
Where we shall lie buried for some time
Waiting to be meta-morphed into fine pearls!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting For A Sail... by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe
- SUPER LOVER~~ Michael Mcparland! ! ! !, Mr. Nobody
- Solid Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fallen flower, hasmukh amathalal